Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Grand Lake, Colorado

One of the major reasons that we decided to get the new truck was so that we could have a nicer, more spacious vehicle to do more traveling and road trips.  So that is what we have been trying to do!  Two weekends ago (sorry this blog is late!), we loaded up and took a little day trip over to Grand Lake.  It is only about two hours away and a really pretty drive. 

We did a little hike...


Elizabeth slept through the whole thing!  It was amazing how many comments we got from people that we passed...apparently it's strange to take a baby on a hike??  They obviously didn't live in Steamboat :)



Then we walked down to the lake so Boone could play in the water.  I am apologizing in advance for the following sequence of pictures.  I would also like to say that despite the looks of things, Boone had a blast!  





HA! I wish that I could make one of those little flip books so you could flip through and actually see what Boone looked like "swimming".  It did not look like a swim, or even a doggie paddle, it was more like a crazed gallop...I think I have mentioned before, our dog is NOT a swimmer.

 
We also just did some relaxing on the dock. 


Will said Elizabeth looked like she was ready for the Kentucky Derby in her hat (pardon all the baby slobber!).


I love how she was cracking up in this picture!  We all had a great day!


 And Will would kill me if I didn't mention this...while we were at the dock we ran into a woman who had a second home there (sorry I didn't get a picture of the house!).  Her husband was an architect and they had built their house into the rocks on the other side of the lake.  The only access to their house was a small walking path or by boat!  They had to boat all of the materials over in order to build the house!  When we met her she was loading up her canoe with coolers and her laundry...clean, folded laundry...on a canoe!  Her husband passed away last year but she was still vacationing there at her home.  It was a great story but I just couldn't get over her canoeing everything back and forth herself!  Talk about a real woman!

1 comment: