Sunday, January 23, 2011

Snowman Cupcakes :)

My friend, Becky, so kindly let me make cupcakes for her 3 year old daughter, Makayla's, Birthday Party. Makayla LOVES snowmen so I felt like I had to try out the snowman cupcakes. I have the cutest cupcake book, "What's New Cupcake" (which I bought while I was with Becky), and decided this was a good excuse to try them out. In the book the snowmen were wearing hats but due to my lack of experience/ignorance, I couldn't figure out how to do them so I modified and went with earmuffs instead. Will helped me with some of the decorating and I think they turned out SO cute! They were chocolate cupcakes with white frosting, rolled in white sugar crystals. They had chocolate chip eyes and mouths, M&M and Twizzler earmuffs, and orange slice noses. But most importantly, Makayla loved them! Now I'm trying to come up with excuses to make MORE cupcakes. Let me know if you have any ideas :)





Boone was seriously "eye-ing" the cupcakes too but we didn't share with him...poor thing!




3 comments:

  1. Those are SOOO cute!! I know her mama SOOO appreciated you doing that for her. Can you come for Peter and Lily's birthday? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcakes and Makala are both so very cute! Check out my FB page. One of my young friends has started her own cupcake business in NJ. I posted some pictures of them on my FB. They might give you some ideas. They look so yummy! Love to you and Will. I love the picture of Will and Boone snoozing together.

    ReplyDelete