Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Dinosaur National Monument


Guess where we went last weekend??  Okay, okay...we went to Utah.  Utah is actually only about 2.5 hours away from us.  We headed to a place called Dinosaur National Monument to check out an exhibit of dinosaur fossils.




So I will do my best to explain...apparently a long, long, long time ago this site was home to a vast river...there was a drought and then a flood that killed lots of dinosaurs and washed them down the river...they created some type of "log-jam", buried and then discovered.  The rock around them was preserved and that is what they built the structure around for the monument.



I'm not typically into disosaurs and fossils but I had to admit this was pretty fascinating!


 


I think this was my favorite picture of the day...look at sweet, tiny Elizabeth checking out that big dinosaur...




Another fun day in the books for the Dennis Family!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I wanted to take Evan there before we left but just ran out of time. Cool pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun things the Will Dennis family does. And I love that sweet, tiny Elizabeth! Aunt Bettie the Great

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great memories you are making. I need to see you Emily! But love looking at my beautiful Elizabeth and my handsome son Will. Have a great weekend Love Mom

    ReplyDelete