Friday, December 24, 2010

"Christmas" in Virginia - Meyers Visit

The Meyers Visit

So as soon as we booked our tickets to come back to Virginia, Kelly and I started planning! For those of you who don't know, the Meyers are the family that I had the privilege of helping to take care of their kiddos while I was at school in Richmond and graciously let me live with them for a few months. They are great friends and family of ours and allow me to continue to watch their sweet children grow and be a part of their lives, for which I am forever grateful. I feel so blessed to have them as part of our family and knew that they had to be included in the trip as well. So, like I said, Kelly and I started planning. I really wanted to surprise the girls with our visit. We decided that Kelly could have them ride the bus home and Will and I would be waiting for them at the bus stop...SURPRISE! We got there a little bit early and anxiously waited the arrival of the bus and Riley and Morgan. I hung back and waited so I wouldn't get lost in the crowd and when they finally saw me it was well worth the wait. Will caught the whole thing on video and I am so glad that he did!!





While we were there we helped Morgan and Riley with their homework and waited for Kelly and the Grantser and Vicky to get home (we were really bummed that Greg was out of town). We had dinner, shared lots of laughs, stories, presents and dance moves...I have videos to prove it! Will and I stayed the night (thanks Ri for sharing your room!) and saw everyone off in the morning. It was a short but oh so sweet visit with some really special people!












The kids are growing so fast I can hardly believe it...needless to say we took tons of pictures while we were there!

No comments:

Post a Comment