Sunday, August 15, 2010

New Job!

I finally got a job!! As you know I have been on the search for a teaching job since I moved to Colorado in January. After several opportunities and interviews I was still unsuccessful and had settled on working as a substitute teacher and volunteer in order to get my foot in the door and my name out there to hopefully have a better chance in an extremely competitive job market. On a whim (and because I already had my resume together), I applied for a job at a non-profit agency called Partners. And.......I GOT IT!! I am really excited about this job and start tomorrow (8/16) I will be the Case Manager and oversee the "partnering" of at risk youth with adult volunteers. I think it is a really great program and something that I believe strongly in so I am very excited that I have been given this opportunity and will be able to work with such a great outreach agency!

So even though this is a change in directions from the teaching path I was on I think it is a great opportunity for me to do something good and as my mom so wisely reminded me.....

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans" -John Lennon

Check out the Partners website if you want to find out a little more about the program and what I will be doing :)

www.partnersrouttcounty.org

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily,
    I hope your new job is going well. You're perfect for that job! Love keeping in touch with you and Will through your blog. You two look so happy!! XO Bettie

    ReplyDelete